|Name of Complainant|
|Date of Complaint||June 22, 2020|
|Name(s) of companies complained against|| Flipkart, Jeeves Consumer Services
|Category of complaint||Internet Services|
|Permanent link of complaint||Right click to copy link|
|Share your complaint on social media for wider reach|
- Bought a TV (really expensive) from flipkart with extended warranty from their authorized “Flipkart Protect which is off handed to a third party called Jeeves.”.
- It has been 2.5 months since the TV stopped working and Jeeves has denied us service and provided false information.
- We have been wasting 1 hour every day on a call with jeeves or flipkart who are playing ping pong with us and denying service.
- We found that this is an elaborate game that Jeeves and Flipkart are playing and has been reported by 2500 customers on mouthshut.com as well as the reviews on flipkart products mention: Do not buy extended warranty from jeeves.
We bought a TV from flipkart ALONGWITH extended warranty via their authorized provider called “Jeeves Consumer Services”.
The TV stopped working and it has been more than 2 months since we have contacted Jeeves and there has been no resolution at all. On top of that, Jeeves’ representatives have repeatedly tried to make a fool of us by giving false information repeatedly.
Here is a timeline of events:
- 11th Apr: The TV has stopped working since.
- Tried to register a complaint with jeeves. There is a large waiting time (~15-30 mins) to connect to them.
- 21st May: The complaint got registered somehow after 1 month of waiting (understandable – pandemic)
- 22nd May: A jeeves agent came home inspected and assured us that the issue shall be fixed with a part replacement in 20 days.
- 22nd May – 19th June: Have made at least 10 calls to them during this period to track progress. First I was told that the order has been placed and is getting shipped from china. please wait a while. Then they said that the order has not been placed at all.
- 19th June: After waiting in the phone line for 30 mins – they tell me that the claim has been closed. WTF is this?
- 21st June:
- Jeeves Says: Contact Flipkart.
- Flipkart Says: Contact Jeeves. (see screenshot)
- Also, note that we have an e-mail thread with email@example.com and the escalation emails listed on Flipkart Protect Program T&C:
- Flipkart Protect T & C
- Guess what, they are not replying.
I firmly believe that Jeeves Consumer Services is a warranty scam. It also paints a shitty picture of “Flipkart Protect Program”. More information:
Further, digging on the internet reveals this:
- Search on mouthshut.com – 2500 people say that jeevs service is 1 star. Entertain your eyes:
- Jeeves co. reported as a big fraud on mouthshut.com
- Note the mention of fraud, scam and denial of service.
- They are a lost cause on amazon as well: 1-star rated on amazon
- Do a google search with three words: flipkart jeeves scam – the cruel saga of extorting money in the name of warranty scam will surface as the first link.
Image Uploaded by Mayank Raj: